Seven Ways to Create Eclectic Farmhouse Style
Chattanooga Interior Design Strategies
Farmhouse style has become a hot topic in interior design. We’re all for a trend but how do you go about it without turning your home into a cookie cutter look? The answer is to mix the look with other styles and make it your own. Farmhouse style doesn’t have to be one dimensional. We’ve come up with seven looks that you can incorporate into your home to create eclectic farmhouse style that’s anything but ordinary.
- A statement making table. When you incorporate a conversation piece into the mix it adds a new dimension. A combination of washed grey and metal accents let this table blend with many farmhouse styles while shaking up the look.
- Unexpected artwork. The American flag is iconic and adds an element of history. Whitewashed and with so much texture it has a fresh look and easily adds character to any space.
- Introduce pieces with reflective or polished surfaces. Rustic farmhouse styles can be balanced with glass or metal. These hammered glass candle holders are the perfect accessory for a dining table or dresser.
- Use dramatic lighting. If you want your farmhouse style to have an edgy feel, this is how you do it. This chain link chandelier seems to drip from the ceiling. Add depth by repeating the bronze finish throughout the space.
- Have fun with pillows! Tassels and texture make these pillows perfect for adding a playful vibe to a farmhouse look.
- Add interest with rugs. Opt for a modern pattern or a new style to instantly update a farmhouse style that’s just a little too traditional or looks outdated.
- Don’t overlook small details such as hardware. An ordinary white chest becomes something special with the addition of oversized drawer pulls inspired by industrial style. Replace your bed’s matching nightstands with these accent chests for a fresh look.
Want the look? We’ve got everything you need to create an eclectic farmhouse style and make it uniquely yours. Just visit our showroom, where custom design is what we do.