Six Accessories Your Home Needs This Winter
It’s that time of year again! When temperatures start to drop and the days get shorter you know it’s time to break out all things cozy. When you prep your home to spend more time indoors there’s no way the winter weather will get you down. Take advantage of the season by stocking your home with the best cold weather home decor and make the most of the season. We’ve rounded up six stylish pieces, perfect for the cold months ahead, that are sure to turn your home into a cozy haven.
- Limited daylight is the perfect excuse to update your lighting or just add more of it. Add soft light to a bathroom with sconce lamps. These are also a great way to accessorize a basic mirror.
- Keep a heavy duty tray with sturdy handles at the ready to serve coffee or hot chocolate to guests on a cold night. When not in use it’s a stylish way to display items on a coffee table or counter.
- There are few things better than a cozy throw on a cold night. Textiles such as soft flannels and faux fur are warm and comfy when all you want to do is stay in a watch a movie.
- Have a favorite chair? Add a small ottoman, with built in storage, so you can put your feet up with a good book on those days when it’s just too cold to go out. Remember, you’ll need a place to store all those pretty throws.
- Gone are the days of boring fireplace screens. Keep the fire contained and let the fireplace make a statement by choosing a screen worthy of a magazine.
- No fireplace? No problem! You can create the same cozy ambiance with candles. Make the upgrade from plain glass jars to more sophisticated candle holders and they’ll work double duty as pretty accessories, even when not in use.
Now is the time to get your interiors ready for the cold months ahead. Visit our showroom to find the latest trends in all things decor, design and furniture. Our designers are ready to help you make your home the place you want to be.